The elected Committee is made up of staff and parents/carers who meet together on a regular basis. All meetings are confidential, although we do have some ‘open meetings’ during the year, which anyone can attend.
The Committee is responsible for fundraising and overseeing the Pre-School and includes:
- The implementation of Government and OFSTED requirements
- The welfare and safety of all staff and children
- Staff employment and appraisals
- The review and implementation of all policies
- Communication with parents and carers
- Advertising the Preschool and its events
- Organising special events and a summer outing for the children
The Committee has a Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer plus a number of other Committee members. Details of ‘who’s who’ are displayed at Pre-School.
The Annual General Meeting is held in either September or October and we ask all parents to attend. All parents are invited to join the Committee. Should you wish to do so, please speak to the Chairperson who will be pleased to give you more details.
Our Pre-School cannot operate without a committee - our survival depends on volunteers who are willing to “give it a go”. Support, from both outgoing committee members and those remaining, help a new member to feel at home. It is very rewarding and a great opportunity to get involved in the vitally important early stages of your child’s education. So if you are a parent, a carer or even a grandparent, why not have a chat to one of us and see what you might like to do.
Parents/carers are welcome to contact any member of the committee in the event of queries or concerns with the Pre-School.